Hypoland Index du Forum

Hypoland
Forum dédié à la prépa littéraire

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Here you can speak English only
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Hypoland Index du Forum -> Toutes choses scolaires... -> Langues vivantes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
natitouto

Féminin
Classe: M2 Lettres, Arts et

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 12:26 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Enjoy! Laughing

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 12:26 (2008)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
tite_loon

Féminin
Classe: KH Ulm, spé lettres

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 13:25 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Here I am !

I find it funny : this is a topic where we can speak only English, and the main subject is... German ! I don't understand...
But I'll speak about German, as everybody do. Laughing
So, when it was time to choose my second foreign language (this is the way to say it correctly, I learnt this in England two weeks ago ! If you say "second language", it means that you are bilingual), evebody wanted me to do German, because I was a good student, and good student were used to do German.
But, I refused because of that : I didn't want to do what everybodywanted me to do Mr. Green So, I choose Italian (and I'll be happy to do a topic to speak Italian, but I don't know if someone is intersted in this...).
And there was another reason to my refusal : I didn't like the sounds of German language, whereas I found Italian was really beautiful. But now, as everybody here should have known, I went in England (yes, there is a link Laughing ). It was a language school for people from all the world. And I met a lot of people : Russian, Polish, Italian, Czech, Hungarian... and, of course, a German ! Do I need precise that he was very... adorable ? Embarassed
And now, I think I'll be happy to speak German... Embarassed again

I said that I have a lot of thing to say (it's not because of me, you wrote a lot, so I ned to answer Laughing ). I just wanted to react about a topic in Latin to a friend... one day, I try to write a "texto" in Latin... it was quite funny !

And someone (I don't remenber who, soorry) said "that's all Greek to me". Do you know where this expression come from ? Maybe everybody know, and I'll seem to be stupid... but I learn this in England two weeks ago too, so... It comes from Shakespeare !

So, now, I have to go, but I was happy to speak English... it remenbers me two weeks of happiness...
Allegra, can you correct me too, please ?

See you !
------------------------------------------------------
HK au Parc (Lyon), future KH lettres modernes (parce que c'est la meilleure)

Witherwings

Féminin
Classe: KH Lyon

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 15:12 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

I was the one who said "That's all Greek to me". Mr. Green

I didn't know it came from Shakespeare. When I was in 2nd, my teacher told us that in England we don't say "that's all Chinese to me" (as we say in France), but that's all Greek to me. Thank you for the information ! Okay

German sounds beautiful, as we said with Sibyl.Vane, when you speak it fluently. Otherwise, German sounds awful when a Swiss or Bayerische (don't know how to say in English: someone who lives in Bayern) people speak it... Perfectly horrible accent.

Anyway, it's far more difficult to learn German as a second foreign language. So you did the right choice, irgendwie. But it's never too late to learn German, even though it's quite difficult, nothing's impossible... Almost nothing... ^^
And when you have a German boyfriend, I guess it could help a lot.

I know I'm not Allegra, but I can tell you some mistakes I noticed in your message:

"But I'll speak about German, as everybody does." [everybody is singular, as well as everyone, everything...]

"everybody wanted me to do German, because I was a good pupil, and good pupils were used to do German." [students study in university] 

[I don't know if you can say to "do" a language, I'd rather say "study" but I'm not sure...]

"So, I chose Italian (and I'll be happy to do a topic to speak Italian, but I don't know if someone is interested in this...). "

"whereas I found Italian [was] really beautiful." [a bit useless here I think,
"as everybody here should know, I went in England " [I think it's better so.]

"one day, I tried to write a "texto" in Latin... it was quite funny !" (you speak about the past, I suppose =])

"And someone (I don't remember who, sorry) said "that's all Greek to me". Do you know where this expression comes from ? Maybe everybody knows, and I'll seem stupid...  but I learnt this in England two weeks ago too, so... " [I think "to be" following "seem" is useless here]

"it reminds me of two weeks of happiness... " [it's the correct form to say "cela me rappelle" in English]
Well, I'm not sure about everything, but it's how I feel it should be. [/I]

"A moi. L'histoire d'une de mes folies."
Rimbaud, l'Alchimie du verbe

MSN
Allegra
Administrateur

Classe: A/L

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 18:12 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Witherwing beat me to it, damn ! Laughing
I'm planning to learn German someday too ! I don't think it sounds horrible at all, and I really don't understant why so many people dislike it. Ah, well ! But then again, I'm planning to learn Russian and Korean too, so maybe I'm not exacly normal Mr. Green .

natitouto

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 18:36 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

I wanna learn Russian too! Laughing

Witherwings

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 19:03 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Sorry Allegra, I can't help it, when I see mistakes, I feel obliged to correct these very mistakes... The temptation was way too strong...  Mr. Green

If you want to learn German, I can help you... Rolling Eyes  I don't understand either why so many people dislike German.

Personally, I'd like to learn Japanese. But it's certainly complicated for the moment. Maybe later...

I can assure you, you're perfectly normal... As normal as a literary student ! Laughing

MSN
Allegra
Administrateur

Classe: A/L

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 21:02 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

As a certain Oscar said : "I can resist anything except temptation" Laughing
We literary people are misunderstood by the rest of the world...alas !
The thing is, now I'm going to have to chose which language to learn first after HK, and it's going to be tough !

Witherwings

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû - 23:08 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Yes. And as the song says : oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!
It's us against the world Mr. Green

Funny coincidence: on TV5 today, there was a documentary about Ireland, and they showed a place where there were loads of citations of this very certain Oscar, including this popular one, written around a statue of this mysterious Oscar nobody knows... He Who Must Not Be Named...  Laughing

MSN
tite_loon

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Aoû - 11:38 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Thank you very much Witherwings ! I think I have a lot of progress to do... Sad

And... I haven't a Greman boyfriend (could I say "unfortunately ?)...

paz

Féminin
Classe: hypokhâgne a/l

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Aoû - 12:42 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Citation:
Funny coincidence: on TV5 today, there was a documentary about Ireland, and they showed a place where there were loads of citations of this very certain Oscar, including this popular one, written around a statue of this mysterious Oscar nobody knows... He Who Must Not Be Named...  Laughing

Merrion Square, in Dublin?

(I'm ok for the German topic. I'm studying it for a week now (ew). It's not that hard.. just a weird Dutch.)

Witherwings

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Ven 15 Aoû - 20:31 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

It can seem easy at the beginning... Wait a bit til it gets harder and harder... *evil* Razz  
But if you already know Dutch, it's consequently far easier.

I don't know for Dublin, I was eating while watching, so I was more interested in my food than in the documentary... But if you say so, I agree with you...  Mr. Green

Tite_Loon, I think you can say unfortunately. But personally I had once a German boyfriend, and I didn't enhance my German level at all... But he was bilingual... So it's not exactly the same...  Rolling Eyes

MSN
paz

Féminin
Classe: hypokhâgne a/l

MessagePosté le: Sam 16 Aoû - 14:56 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

I guess. Most of German words are nearly the same as in English, Dutch or French. I also notice many common points in grammar rules, conjugation and so on. Anyway my aim was just to be able to have micro conversations with my host in Berlin last week - German is far to be the next language i want to learn, it's just cool to falter some sentences while being there.

Merrion Square is kind of a jungle in the centre of Dublin, with a big kitsch statue of Wilde.

tite_loon

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 17 Aoû - 21:28 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

Witherwings, I didn't say unfortunately because of my German level, you know ( in fact, I have no level in German... I don't know more than 5 words...) Mr. Green

So, ew, we have to talk if we want to promote "the new method to improve your English without working a lot" Laughing So... the sun is shinning (not really, but...), the bird are singing and...
OK, Arrow

Morgane

Féminin
Classe: L3 Humanités

MessagePosté le: Lun 18 Aoû - 13:25 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

I didn't read the whole topic but I request the German one!
It's obvious that we (the germanists!)have more aptitudes to express ourselves in english, 'cause the language is more ... fluid.
Who is masochistic enough to think of placing a verb at the end if the sentence? Cool

(Who does want to vote for a latin topic? )

natitouto

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 18 Aoû - 13:51 (2008)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only Répondre en citant

I can't say anything in Latin, except perhaps "Carthago delenda est"...this year will be very difficult (whereas I'm in a modern "khâaaagne", I have to continue studying Latin, what an horror!!!)...so, participate in a Latin topic...not for me (except if you can give me your capability to speak this "language")

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 03:03 (2016)    Sujet du message: Here you can speak English only

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Hypoland Index du Forum -> Toutes choses scolaires... -> Langues vivantes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 3 sur 5

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation